by now, you must know the love we have for jenna lyons. she does no wrong. jcrew does no wrong. and we like to absorb everything she has to say (kind of like kelly cutrone, to whom we lovingly refer as "kcut," but that is another post entirely).
we bring this jenna lyons sighting to you from elle decor who tells us that the ever chic and inspiring jenna lyons has "never met a sequin she didn't like."
these are the 12 things that our "j.crew trendsetter" can't live without - all images from here
1. a lucite chair. lyons has one at her desk - HLWH recommends this one it's a different shape, but it captures the funky-yet-glam nature of lyons' chair. throw a bold printed cushion on it and we think that you'll be feeling chic as ever.
2. nars lip pencil in red square because it's "not too blue." j.crew uses this color on their shoots- though we wish they would come up with their own makeup line this will do for now. Especially since we love love love nars. snag yours here.
3. the fleshy tones in jenna's fred sandback drawing capture the season's neutral trend. the simplicity seems so natural and so beautiful this time of year. we're pretty sure that it would feel just as gorg. in the fall..or winter! maybe a little diy painting?
4. lyons likes the bedding from olatz (this is the Lido print). you can also get the minimalist-chic look from dwellstudio, potterybarn, and william sonoma home.
5. we must admit, the silver vases from asiter de villatte are pretty awesome - they look like cans with their labels peeled off. though it just seems like one of those things we tell ourselves we could 'diy,' we'd check out etsy first to find something similar that captures the same sparkling lightness.
6. one of lyons' must haves is her Leica camera (limited ed, of course, and from japan). for a camera with a vintage vibe, check out urban outfitters' cameras, or use this quick search on etsy.
7. miriam haskell. vintage. you can't go wrong. a google search turned up a few vintage items, but HLWH recommends visiting j.crew to see some inspired (and inspiring) pieces with a similar vibe.
8. we can't guide you on jenna's shoe collection, other than to a. buy what fits b. buy what you absolutely love c. take very good care of them d. keep them organized and e. remember it takes a lifetime to amass a shoe collection like that.
9. another thing we can't really help you with. vintage mercedes. you could buy a toy one. or visit post-war classic cars if you're seriously considering purchasing one. and if you do, you owe us a ride.
10. jenna loves the beach. have to admit it's calming. so long as you aren't visiting the jersey shore (think: fist pumps for everyone!...PS we can hate on the jersey shore, we're from jersey ;) )
11. arists jenna can't live without (some are on display in the guggenheim if you're in the nyc area): cy twombly, robert ryman, elizabeth peyton, or jenny saville.
12. sequins! jenna's last must have is sequins! and we often see her rocking them. HLWH recommends j.crew (duh) for some of the shiny stuff, as well as bloomgindale's or even forever 21.
what do you think of jenna lyons' must haves from elle decor?